Passing customs at the airport quickly for Dummies
After a recent ridiculous procedure at the airport I hereby take the opportunity to tell you something about my packaging strategy to not annoy every one in line behind me.
These 3 things you can usually take on the plane:
1 x hand luggage suitcase
1 x backpack
1 x pockets in your jacket/trouser
Goal: pass customs as quickly as possible and with no remarks.
This is how I do it:
In my trouser I usually carry my smartphone, wallet and change.
Before customs I move everyhing from the trouser into either backback or jacket.
- change, keys, smartphone, wallet, anything metal.
The belt goes off directly as well..
The backpack contains EVERY electronic devices and batteries.
- laptop, powerbank, headphones, tablet, eBook-reader, …
The backpack also contains my bottle-/cream-pack.
- A small transparent sealable plastic bag with maximum 1 liter in volume.
- Every cream or fluid must not exceed 100ml.
Now prepare everything in boxes for the scanner.
- Box: electronic devices, smartphone, batteries, bottle-/cream-pack out of the backpack
- Box: the backpack
- Box: the jacket with everying from the trouser and the belt
- Box: hand luggage suitcase
The hand luggage suitcase in consequence contains only cloths, books and such.
There should be NOTHING in the suitcase that I may need before I arrive at my destination.
Packed this way, you can even effortlessly check in the suitcase spontanuously without and wander around a bit more freely on the airport.